We realize that welcoming a new baby into your home can be an exciting, yet challenging transition. Our team of postpartum doulas and newborn care specialists provides in-home support to make this time smooth and manageable. Our clients live in Baltimore city and county, as well as Howard county, Carroll county, and Anne Arundel county.
Our team of professional postpartum doulas and Newborn Care Specialists are uniquely equipped with thorough training and education in order to support the entire family throughout the postpartum period with newborn care, postpartum recovery, and filling in the gaps of the household.
Our Flexible Support Package starts at $2250 includes fifty hours of in-person support; up to 10 day/evening shifts or 5 overnights to be used within a four-week timeframe. This package may be duplicated to fit your family’s unique needs and can include any combinations of day/evening/overnight shifts you desire.
If you are looking to cultivate and maintain healthy sleep habits for your whole family, we offer an overnight support option. Overnight Newborn Care includes five continuous weeks of three 10-hour overnight shifts per week to set your baby up for a lifetime of healthy sleep associations. This popular package, starting at $6000, is available on a limited basis and may be duplicated for extended support as requested.
Daytime and evening support often includes:
- Demonstrating comfort and soothing techniques to encourage bonding with your baby
- Providing hands-on feeding guidance, whether you are breastfeeding or bottle feeding
- Light household chores like laundry, dishes or tidying up
- Caring for your baby so you can tend to your needs
- Preparing healthy snacks/meals for you and your family
- Addressing questions about normal physical and emotional postpartum health
- Giving attention to pets and/or siblings
Overnight newborn care often includes:
- Ensuring the whole family is settled for the night
- Encouraging safe and developmentally appropriate sleep habits
- Feeding support, whether breast or bottle feeding
- Infant care through the night including diapering and soothing
- A full night’s sleep for you!
Utilizing Doulas of Baltimore for support of your growing family means you have access to far more than just your one doula. We have an extensive network of vetted, professional, local resources ready to step in to ensure you have the care and support you desire, including Infant Feeding Specialists, Lactation Support (IBCLC), and Certified Passenger Safety Technicians, as well as babyproofing experts and certified sleep consultants.
COVID Safety Protocols
We respect your family’s health and safety, therefore we continue to exercise caution in scheduling In-home support. Our team of professionals have all been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and continue to follow CDC guidance regarding masks, social distancing, and proper hand hygiene. At this time, your doula will be taking on one contract at a time and only one doula is available for each family. We appreciate your flexibility and understanding as we all work to adapt to this new version of ‘normal’.